Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Life starts all over again...

Happy Tuesday Morning Everyone!
I hope your week is off to a great start!
Mine ended up having an issue with our AC Unit!
YIKES!!! Still over 100 degrees outside... and really
NOT the time to have a problem! :) It started on Sunday
afternoon.... I found a puddle of water on the kitchen floor...
thought it was from some water bottle I had over there....
then it started to hit my hubby in the head.... it was the AC!!!
We're renting right now, since our house hasn't sold yet...
So I left a message for the Rental Property people..
By 11:00 pm Sunday night it started leaking through
the Ceiling Fan/Light Fixture in the Master Bedroom...
Of course my bed is right there, so I had water on my 
bedding!!! UGH! Then there was a huge water
bubble that started to leak... then hubby checked the
wall and it was leaking there too... because the carpet was
now wet!!! Oh joy!! I sent them the update after we
had noticed it.... so I turned the AC off that night...
Nothing like a sweaty night!!! Grrr!! Then they came
out yesterday and worked on it... Now the unit
is back in working condition.. but now the fun begins.... 
cuz they gotta take care of what got wet... otherwise we
will have a mold problem... and with my Husband
having medical issues.... that's not gonna fly
with me!! Oh the joys of life!!! :)
Sorry for the Rambling --- :)
Here's what I created to share with you --


Tomorrow is my Monthly Card Swap group --
And this month's theme is Fall or Thanksgiving....
So, I Chose FALL!!!  
I just LOVE how this turned out! :)
I think it's the way I designed it with the circles
that I like the best... But that's just me of course! :)

I created it in my Silhouette using Print & Cut ---

Here's all the Details --

Everything made using the
Carta Bella (A Perfect Autumn) Collection
Unless otherwise noted --
Scallop Border - Fiskar Punch
Card Stock Stampin' Up
I used Glossy Accents on 7 of the circles to
give them a "brad" type of look ---- I popped them
up with Dimensionals, Inked all the edges slightly 
and there is my card! I made 7 of these for the group...


post signature

11 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

First of all, I like your rambling. So sorry to hear about your ac troubles and the wet everything. Not fun. I hope all that is back to normal soon.

Beautiful card! Love the papers and print and cut feature. I noticed some circles were glossy and thought they were brads! Great job!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Love this fall card! The layered circles are a great idea! I'm so sorry to hear all that's happened all ready this week. I hope the rest of the week makes up for it, and I'm glad your AC is fixed at least!

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, what a horrible ordeal to have to deal with, especially with the heat. I'm glad they got it fixed. I hope you can air out all the wet bedding!!

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design and the circles!! Adding glossy accents to a few is an awesome touch!! Beautiful papers, too!! Stay cool in that heat my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharon said...

I love hearing about your life!! Hope things get back to normal soon!!
I am so loving this card!!!! I love all of the circles!! And to add glossy accents to some to make them look like brads is an awesome idea!!! The pattern papers, the leaves and that perfect sentiment makes for a wonderful card!!!! :)

Karen said...

Oh Theresa, I am so sorry to hear about the AC ordeal! :( I'm glad the unit is fixed now (after a very long night!) and I hope all of the trouble it caused is dealt with in a timely fashion. Sending you extra hugs!

Your card is gorgeous! Harvest creations fill my heart with a sunshiny glow... and this is just beautiful. I love the combination of patterns and your design is indeed fabulous. I love all of the circles and how you enhanced some of them with GA. The sentiment is not only beautifully written, but is stunning in word! (Only worded better... ha!) Your group is going to love it. Have a cool and sparkly night, my dear friend! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Sukie said...

Oh no, hope your AC gets fixed real soon, nothing like dealing with that in the middle of summer :(

Your card is beautiful, love the fall theme! Those papers and colors are so pretty together! Love the sentiment tag you added too!

ScrappyHorses said...

Yikes! It's too hot for AC to be on the fritz! Certainly hope things get better this week! Your card is great; I'm looking forward tot he fall!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh no...I am glad they got it fixed in that kind of heat! Now to get the water problem cleaned up and handled~aaaw, so sorry your dealing with that :(

your card is gorgeous! I love the fall colors and pretty design! Hang in there my friend~wish I was closer to help! If nothing else, go have a cocktail while the guys fix it, lol!
Sherrie k

Tina H said...

Wow! That sounds like a big pain to go through! So glad they are fixing it all up and I hope everything is as good as new! Well your frustrations certainly have no effect on your creativity. This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love fall and the colors and papers of your design is divine! Hope you are having a fabulous day :)

Lilian said...

Beautiful!!!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

VanessaB said...

sorry about the household mess. ugh. i hope it all worked out okay! your card is wonderful! i love fall creations!