Thursday, December 7, 2017

Merry & Bright Trio....

Hello & Happy Thursday Everyone!
Today's my day to take over the blog at:
YAY for me... 🙌

I thought I would show you a Set of
Christmas cards I created - I was inspired by
a video I watched of Jennifer McGuires -





Some of you know I've made this style of card before - Usually I make

it with a shape type of card - it's a card with a FLAT Back -
It's not your "Normal" Top folding type of card --

I cut my white Cardstock out 3x's (since I was making 3 cards)
The size is 3 1/4" w x 10" H (scored @ 5") so it can fold
My Kraft Cardbase is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece
then my Red Designer Paper is 4 x 5 1/4

The stamped images are a trio 
called Cactus Pine and Palm Christmas
which is a Victorine Original Stamp set

The Merry & Bright Sentiment I'm using 
is from Raisin Boat and it's called
Let it Snow (9085-Z)

Both can be found easily in the 
SumMore Fun Online Store



Here's the first one - I'm using Canson Watercolor paper
and my Zig Real brush pens 
to color in all the stamped images -
The designer Papers are ALL Scraps -
Which is what I like most about making these cards


Here's the Fun Cactus card - I did use a small
stitched rectangle die, just to add a little extra
something around the images -- and then I
used a Stitched Scallop border die --
I heat embossed the Sentiment with some
Fine White embossing powder and then
cut them out with a small banner die --


And now the cute Palm Tree! I really think these stamps
are fun & whimsical - perfect to send to some in Texas
or Arizona or Hawaii! You know, those really nice
warm states during the holidays! LOL


This is what the insides look like 
along with how these cards open! They are
top fold opening type cards, but smaller in size
attached to a regular sized card base -
I really Hope I made sense!! 


I stamped all the inside sentiments with another Raisin Boat
stamp set - this one is called Festive Phrases (9310-Z)
and then I just added some border strips to each inside card
so they can match the outside of the cards --




New to SumMore Fun Stamps??
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
SumMore Fun Blog
SumMore Fun Facebook Page


You can find me at these links 
Facebook - Pinterest




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!

Theresa

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty cards!!

Lisa said...

They are so gorgeous!! I love the design!! The images and papers you used are so fabulous!! Love them, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nana said...

I have never seen this design before but love it. Fun papers and adorable images. All the layering really makes the card pop. Well done Theresa.
Nana

Sukie said...

Awesome cards! I love the design! The images are so fun and festive! You did a great job coloring them too!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

These are all kinds of fun! I love the layout and all the great papers and images. Super cute cards my friend!

CA Scrapper said...

Love those cards! Hope you are having a great week!

Leslie

Greta said...

These are so sweet! Love the little images & the papers!

Lisa said...

Love these pretty cards! What a great stamp set! I might need this one! And thanks so much for the awesome Christmas card! I am two cards behind! Hoping to make a trip to the post office on Monday!

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand what you meant by "flat back" cards until I saw that last photo. Now I get it! :) I love the design and the fact that it helps use up scraps. I just can not throw them away!!

Evelyn

Migdalia said...

They are so PRETTY! I love the fun design and that you used your scraps!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M


Karla Yungwirth said...

Aww! These are such awesome Christmas cards! That cactus one is my fav!!

Georgiana said...

So fun using one sketch to make a variety of cards. They look awesome!

Beth F. said...

These cards are awesome! What a fun way to fold a card. I took your lead and cut apart that Christmas tree trio stamp too. I can see it being way more versatile that way!