Thursday, February 1, 2018

Birthday Tag w/Distress Oxides

Hello & Happy Thursday Everyone!
Today's my day to take over the blog at:
YAY for me... 🙌


Today I thought I would share a Birthday 
Tag that I made with some Distress Oxide Inks --



I thought I would try something different to me anyway --

I inked up a piece of Koh-I-noor water color paper with some
Distress Oxides in - Wilted Violet, Broken China, Cracked
Pistachio, & Antique Linen 

Then I took the Music Background Stamp
and sprayed it with some water --
I then turned my stamp over and placed it on top of
my watercolor paper with the distress oxide already on it

And it gave it a really cool white water color image --
It's Subtle enough on my tag, that you can still see it --

I heat set my cardstock so I could use a Tag die & put it
through my Big Shot -- If your cardstock is still wet
it will ruin the cardstock & image (just an fyi)

I had extra balloon die pieces left over from this
Birthday Card I made last week, so I added them
to my tag --

Then I took another piece of black cardstock
and using my embossing buddy & versamark ink
Stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the
I heat embossed it with some fine white embossing powder
and die cut it out with a Stitched Banner Die

I popped it up with Dimensionals
Then added some Ice Cube Jewels, Ribbon & Twine
to finish my Tag off --


Here's a close up of my tag so you can see the
Music background - It's so NEAT!!



New to SumMore Fun Stamps??
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
SumMore Fun Blog
SumMore Fun Facebook Page


You can find me at these links 
Facebook - Pinterest




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!



17 comments:

Gerda said...

WOW!! This tag is awesome!! I love the gorgeous colors!!! LOVE it!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Marilyn said...

Pretty tag!! Love those colors!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I love this card as well - I may need to get some of the oxides to play with now !!

Nana said...

Beautiful tag. Love the shading you achieved and the way you used water to lift off some of the colors on the background. The black strings and banner really pop against these colors. Awesome.
Nana

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous! Great job my friend. Yes, 97 degrees is too hot for January. We had a Santa Ana wind come through. We are in the 70s again and I'm so happy. Two weeks ago it was a high of 62 and I was using my fireplace at night! Have a great weekend.

Leslie

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so stunning, Theresa!! The colors are gorgeous!! I love the music notes in the background and the beautiful balloons!! Spectacular, my friend!! I adore this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a gorgeous tag!! I love it!! Love the music notes in the background!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB tag!!

Sukie said...

Your tag is so gorgeous! I love the soft Oxide Inks you used to create the unique effects! Very, very pretty!

Sherrie K. said...

Your tag is SUPER cute Theresa!!! I LOVE the fun oxide colors you used and the music notes look great! Adorable!!
Sherrie k

Greta said...

Beautiful colors & love the music stamp for the background!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you share your process. Maybe one of these days I'll sit down with your blog and try some of them out!!

The tag is beautiful. The colors you chose go so nicely together, and the black really makes them pop! (not popping the balloons!!)

Evelyn

Migdalia said...

A beautiful tag my friend!! I love the pretty pastel colors and that tag die too!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so cool. I never thought of using my background stamps with water .. I might have to kidnap this idea.

Lisa said...

What a cool background! I have not used my oxides like that before! I think I might try this tomorrow... beautiful tag and thank you for the inspiration!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Love, love, love this! What gorgeous inking! The musical notes look amazing on those pretty colors - this is all kinds of fabulous!

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love the soft blending you got with the inks! What a pretty tag!!